Marca-ADL is a non-profit association based in Montemor-o-Novo, Évora district, Portugal, with the mission to promote social and economic development of rural regions, in particular the municipality of Montemor-o-Novo in articulation with other territories, finding solutions to local and global problems, bringing together citizens and institutions to find solutions that promote sustainability and better living conditions of the population.
As a means to prosecute our mission, we have developed a Mediterranean Ecosystems Conservation Center, which includes a native plant nursery, but also office space close to the local community.
We are now seeking for an European Volunteer, integrated in the European Solidarity Corps program, and that will join and learn from our team for a period of 9 months, from February 2024 to November 2024.
Description of activities
Develop skills and contribute to the execution of the following tasks:
- Participate in nature conservation activities;
- Working in a native plant nursery;
- Implement environmental education activities for different audiences;
- Support other community development projects.
What we offer
- Learning through practice;
- Transdisciplinary team support;
- Covered expenses: pocket money and food allowance.
Profile we seek
- 18 - 30 years old
- European nationality or residence
- Teamwork and problem-solving as well as adaptability skills
- Motivation and willingness to learn