Oficinas do Convento is a Non-Profit Cultural Art and Communication Association, based in Montemor-o-Novo. It has been a Non-Governmental Organization for Development since 2009 and a UNESCO Center since 2010. It develops its artistic activity essentially in the fields of Visual Arts, Sound, Design and Heritage, through artistic promotion, training, production and dissemination.
A great part of the association's activities is based in Oficina de Cerâmica e da Terra, which is formed by three distinct and complementary spaces: the Ceramic Research Centre, Telheiro da Encosta do Castelo and the Earth Laboratory, where we develop: artistic residencies, workshops / training activities, ceramic works and sustainable construction materials (brick, terrazzo, tile and pottery).
We are now seeking for an European Volunteer, integrated in the European Solidarity Corps program, and that will join and learn from our team for a period of 7 months, from March 2024 to October 2024.
Description of activities
Develop skills and supporting artisanal production of artistic and building ceramic materials with local resources, namely:
- support for artistic residences and training and other community projects related to local cultural heritage;
- support ceramic activity by space and material preparation/logistics management;
- logistically support artistic residences;
- production of vernacular architecture and ceramic products;
- support workcamps and earth architecture activities related to human/cultural patrimony;
- administrative support;
- development of your own projects, with the help of Oficinas do Convento members.
What we offer
- Learning through practice;
- Transdisciplinary team support;
- Covered expenses: pocket money and food allowance.
Profile we seek
- 18 - 30 years old
- European nationality or residence
- Teamwork and problem-solving as well as adaptability skills
- Motivation and willingness to learn